Dr. Max Cohen has appointment at the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry, in Augusta, Georgia, as Clinical Instructor in the Department of Oral Rehabilitation. He is a 1970 graduate of Emory University School of Dentistry and a 2002 graduate of the Medical College of Georgia /AAID Maxi Implant course. He is an Associate Fellow in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
He has been in private practice in Atlanta, Georgia for over 35 years with emphasis on implant, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry.
Dr. Cohen began placing implants in 2001 and has been restoring them since 1994. He serves as a Clinical Instructor in the General Practice Residency program at the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry and as a mentor at the MCG/AAID Maxi Course .
His talks explain the “when” and “why” to use implants, and well as how to discuss them with your patients. There is emphasis on the easy and predictable integration of implant dentistry into the restorative practice including hands-on techniques for placement, impressions, temporaries, and final restorations.
- MEDICAL COLLEGE OF GEORGIA SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY and AMERICAN ACADEMY OF IMPLANT DENTISTRY MAXI COURSE, Augusta & Atlanta, GA Class 2002
2001-2002. A comprehensive training program in implant dentistry.
- EMORY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY, Atlanta , GA
1966-1970. Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree.
Private Practice, Atlanta, GA
1970 – Present. General Dentistry, including all disciplines except orthodontics with emphasis on cosmetic and restorative procedures. Implant placement and restoration. Experienced in laboratory and clinical procedures.
- Licensed – Georgia
- Licensed – Florida
- Licensed – California
- Associate Fellow / American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Fellow / International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Dental Association
- Georgia Dental Association
- Northern District Dental Association
- Hinman Dental Society
- American Academy of Implant dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Flying Dentists Association Offices held – Secretary Treasurer. Director of CE
- Northside Dental Study Club Offices held – Secretary Treasurer. CE Coordinator
- Pierre Fauchard Academy International Honorary Dental Organization
- Commercial Certificate
- Instrument Rating
- Single and Multi-Engine Ratings
- Airframe and Power plant Mechanic.
- Proficient with past experience as a DP professional