Dr. Sandra Cohen studied at Emory University where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry and Philosophy and her Masters of Public Health in Policy and Management in 2003. In May of 2010, she was awarded a Doctor of Dental Surgery from New York University.
While at NYU Dental School, Dr. Cohen was selected to participate as part of the Dominican Republic Outreach dental team. Over the course of a week, she worked with over 700 patients providing restorative dentistry, endodontics, oral surgery and pediatric dentistry. For her post-graduate training, Dr. Cohen served as a general practice resident at Long Island Jewish Hospital with rotations in oral surgery, emergency medicine, dental anesthesiology, and pediatric dentistry.
Dr. Cohen has an appointment at the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry, in Augusta, Georgia, as Clinical Instructor in the Department of Oral Rehabilitation.
Dr. Cohen’s passion for dentistry comes naturally. She worked in her father’s dental practice during her college years where she learned the art of running a successful dental office. Dr. Sandra Cohen’s mission is to help people maintain a healthy smile and to build long term relationships with her patients.
A native Atlantan, Dr. “Sandi” enjoys flying; gardening, the outdoors, and spending time with her family, friends, and dogs.
- Emory University, Emory College, BA of Chemistry and Philosophy
- Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, MA of Public Health
- New York University, College of Dentistry, DDS
Areas of Expertise:
- Implant Dentistry
- Conscious Sedation
- Injectable Pharmacologics
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Hinman Dental Society
- Alpha Omega
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Georgia Dental Association
- Northern District Dental Association
- New York State Academy of General Dentists
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Georgia Association of Healthcare Executives
- Animal lover
- Outdoor enthusiast
- Active with the local Humane Society